Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Sour Apple Chronicles I: Macworld news- Apple has been lazy


Well, today has been a good day for Apple haters. It was just a matter of hours ago that Macworld opened and Steve Jobs gave his keynote, and in summary, nothing has been done. Apparently, Apple got lazy and in one of the staff meetings, the guy in the back of the room said "Hey, why don't we make a MacBook... but smaller!", then the janitor passed by, picking up the trash (and there's lots of it in that company) and said "Bleh. I'd rather have a MacBook with a touch screen.", and the "collaborating" commenced.




Apparently, the iDevelopers and MacDudes haven't learned from their mistakes. While developing this smaller, touchable notebook (OMG SO ORIGINAL!!!!11!! O.O), they ignored the complaints about the battery replacement system- going into an Apple Store and get it replaced there for around $150. Yup, you still need to bring her in. Also, there's no Firewire port, no ethernet port, and no optical drive. It's also reported that the graphisc card isn't powerful enough to run a 30 inch screen. Here are the given stats:





  • 1.6 GHz or 1.8 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor with 4MB L2 cache

  • 2GB of RAM

  • 80GB 1.8-inch hard drive (with optional 64 gig solid state drive

  • 1 USB 2.0 port

  • 13.3 inch display

  • "Multi-Touch Trackpad" [not a touch screen...]

  • ~$1,800



Oh, and we can't forget the all-holy iPod! Apparently, new apps are now available for the iPod Touch! ZOMG, I can finally check mah emailz and lookk at 600613 [Google] mapz and--...wait... nevermind, it costs $20 to get 'em. I'll stick with the Nokia N800 (more info on why this owns coming later on this month).




Okay, I know all of you think that I don't see any good in Apple. Not true. There were a few good happenings over in Macworld '08:





  • Microsoft Office '08 for Intel Macs. Heh.



  • The Time Machine. For once, I really, really like this concept. Back up your Mac wirelessly with a cumbersomely spacious hard drive (it's better than you think, me knowing 3 people who had MacBook HDs die on them). But yeah, it's a good deal. $300 for 500GB, $500 for 1TB.



  • Finally, the SDK for the over-rated iPhone is going to be released! Despite that "great" news, I'm still keeping my eye on the Nokia N800.


Sorry if I've lowered the mystique of my gramma an' spellin skills for this post, but this was a bit rushed. Maybe I'll go back and actually re-read what I typed.

No comments:

Post a Comment