Thursday, September 18, 2008

Website spotlight: 1TB of online storage at your disposal with Oosah

A person like me needs space. Mental space, physical space, and especially, virtual space. My pathetially small 75GB hard drive is almost full, with less than 6GB of space left, and that's because I've been insessively deleting items the past months after getting multiple "not enough hard drive space" dialog boxes. So I started uploading a few of my useless things to my 110mb.com account, which provides me with 5GB of space and a 99% uptime. I've never had a problem with them (though a few of my friends have had problems registering and managing thier account), but it's sad to know that it can only take so much information.

But a couple of days ago, I found a nice little website called Oosah.com. This little site provides users with a full terrabyte of server space for the grand ol' price of 0 Rupies (this translates to $0 in the US). Wow, that's like.... 13.6533333 times the ammount of storage my computer can carry [shout-out to Google for doing the calculation]!

However, there are a few drawbacks. At this point in time, you are not allowed to upload executables or documents, and you're only allowed to upload mp3s less than 9MB in size. [UPDATE: Oosah increased the mp3 limit to 50MB per file!]

But here's some good news- You can upload images and video to your heart's content, and even connect to YouTube, Flickr, Facebook, and Picasa to manage files through there.

So go ahead. Go to the site, register, and love it. I double-dog dare you.
Ciao!

~uH

No comments:

Post a Comment