Thursday, February 21, 2008

The war is over! Blu-Ray triumphs

1080, rated R. Only available on Blu-Ray.That's right, folks, Blu-Ray won the format battle with HD-DVD! It was inevitable, but doesn't it feel good to know that you won't have to deal with seeing HD-DVDs in the store anymore? For once, I'm happy for Sony's victory.

That's right, I'm happy for Sony! Seriously, BRD is the best thing they've made in a while! It definitely goes right next to the walkman and CD on my list.

Getting back on track, there's also news that a few certain companies are still being loayal to HD-DVD, despite the fact that it already lost. Sore loosers. But Toshiba is being smart [somewhat] by not calling their HD-DVD players "HD-DVD Player"s, but calling them an "Upscaling DVD Player with HD-DVD playback". Nice strategy, definitely something I'd do if I had tens of thousands of useless/obsolete pieces of hardware that I wanted to sell. But I still don't see any reason to keep manufacturing them, especially when almost all other tech giants have moved upward and onward to BRD.

Heh, after typing and researching this, I feel like getting a BRD drive. Besides, 2 Blu-Ray disks can back up my entire system, uncompressed.

No comments:

Post a Comment